Thursday 25 April 2013

Not too much to report....

I don't have much to report.  So I guess I'll just update on my pregnancy.  Sorry no photos.... no need for those :)

I am now 25 weeks along (I look like I'm 35 weeks along).

I am loving both of my midwives and happy to leave my OB.  (I have 2 midwives because I am going to deliver sometime in the summer and they take a lot of vacations so I will get whichever is on call that week).  They are both fantastic and wonderful, they listen to me and we chat about pregnancy, food, kids, work, etc.  I swear they are like a friend to me.

My sugars are great.  They are cooperating.  I still have some time to go but I got some good advice from my midwives so I am going to go on a bit of a "low carb" diet - meaning no processed crap, breads, pasta (well sometimes), etc.  My focus is going to be on vegetables, fruit, protein (meat, tofu), and nuts and seeds for my snacks.

Baby Q (Quintin if you don't know already), is doing great.  He is getting into his wake/sleep patterns.  He is awake from 9:30pm - 10:30pm.  Then he thankfully sleeps when I sleep.  He is awake at 5:30/6:00am for about 15 minutes, and then randomly during the day.  He's kicking up a storm and makes me cough sometimes.  You can really see him kicking too.  Funny story: I was at an appointment yesterday and the midwife was listening to his heartbeat.  Well he kept moving away from the doppler, so she actually pinned him down in my belly.  I couldn't stop laughing!  She mapped him out where he was laying and it was exactly where I felt he was - I thought that was pretty cool.

New items bought:  I really don't need much for this little guy, but I did buy a few things that I needed. I will do a separate post once everything is organized and set and once I take photos of everything, but he has his summer wardrobe and oh my goodness is it ever cute.  Lots of creepers from Carters, a couple outfits and lots of sleepers.  A lot was from Ethan (sleepers and onesies), but I did get a few things that he needs to keep cool in the summer months.

I seem to still have some bursts of energy.  I hope it lasts another few weeks at least.  Ryan and I are going to Chicago for 3 days to get away and have a mini vacation.  We are taking the train so I hope it goes well!  We got a great deal on a 5* hotel through Hotwire.com and a nice discount on the train tickets as well.  Now it's just everything else that we have to worry about!

Pregnancy Stats Overview:

Weeks: 25
Weight Gain: 18 lbs
Sugars: Good
Cravings: Salty foods
Aversions: Stirfry (weird I know)
Energy Levels:  Moderate
Bedtime: 11pm

I'm posting this to see how much it changes over the weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment