Thursday 5 July 2012

Wow it's been a while!

Sorry I have been so MIA.... we have just been so busy, that when I have a chance to sit down, the last thing I want to do is go on the computer!

We have had lots of progress in the last month.  Ethan is a champ at eating solids.  We are focusing more on the purees right now.  He seems to do very well with them.  We still do some baby led but he is not interested in very many items.  He is starting to grab the spoon after I load it up with puree and does well.  Maybe that means he is not ready, as the "books" say, but the fact that he LOVES eating makes me second guess that.  It is to the point that if we are eating in front of him, we HAVE to give him something.  I try to keep the Baby Mum-Mum's on hand, but sometimes I forget and then we are in trouble. I truly think he will be a "I wanna try everything at least once" kinda baby.  I'm so thankful for that because, if you know me, you know I love to cook.

I think I've mentioned before, I was making his food, and he wouldn't eat it.  So I tried baby food jars (organic) and he loved them.  Well I started to make his food again and he is eating them well.  I think it was a texture thing because jarred baby food is super smooth and mine is not.  So I guess this is good for transitioning from puree to slightly textured, to lumps.

He is also drinking water now - directly from a cup!  He needs assistance holding it, but he is doing well.  He clearly does not like sippy cups as he throws it on the floor, but give that boy a cup and he's all over it :D

We have upgraded to the shopping cart seat at the grocery store.  He loves that too, but he needs to be entertained.  My mom bought him a cute shopping cart cover that has some toys attached to it - of course he has no interest in those though!  So far he has sat in a buggy at our regular grocery store and Costco.

Crawling is going well.  He isn't quite there yet.  He will move his legs, cinch up, then flatten out, then start the process again.  I'm definitely not in a rush for him to get moving just yet!  I feel it will be coming in the next couple weeks.  He is also starting to go from laying down to sitting up.

I took him to an Early Years Centre yesterday and he enjoyed it.  Now that he is older and can sit up, he can play with toys and watch other kids.  I met my cousin with her 7 month old and a friend with her newborn.  Ethan and my cousins son interacted a bit.  It was cute.  I think I will be bringing him more often now that I know he enjoys it.

We are pretty set on naps now.  He doesn't have a "schedule" per say, but definitely a routine.  He always goes down about 1.5 to 2 hours after he wakes up.  and then again between 2 and 3pm.  He naps for either 40 minutes or 2 hours in the morning and then same in the afternoon.  So if he naps 2 hours in the morning, he will generally nap 40 minutes in the afternoon, or vice versa.  It works out well for us.

We have been spending a lot of time in my parents pool.  He is great in the water.  Seems to be more confident each time.  We have this floatie thing he sits in.  I'm amazed at how fast he grew because when we first put him in (June), he was too little, and now he can sit up like he is supposed to in it.


 He also loves what we call his "hot tub".

If you see a pattern, this kid is ALWAYS SMILING and always happy.  He just seems to go with whatever we do with him.  It's great! He can definitely put you in a good mood :D

So that's what's going on with us.  I can't believe he is already 7 months old!  

I have been having fun with my Mac's iMovie (movie maker).  Here is another one I did with him in his new duck bath.  This is great for when babies sit up because they can play and they have room to stretch their legs....may not be so good when he is starting to stand though!  This was for his grandparents).  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment