Tuesday 1 May 2012

Wellness Checkup - Month 5 (almost)

Ethan is 2 days shy of 5 months.  In one month he gained almost 1 pound (14 ounces) which brings him to 15 lbs 9 oz.  He gained .5 inches in length (so 24.5 inches) and is doing well.  His eczema is a bit out of control so the doctor prescribed a cortisone cream.  I am going to do a bit of research before giving it to him, but I know it's been around long enough and seems to be ok with no harsh side effects....still, I must research!

He is still sick :(  Just look at this face while waiting in the waiting room.  Poor guy - those sad eyes!
Once we got in the room however, he perked right up (probably because, as always, he pooped and then we stripped him down to his diaper).
Too bad we had to wait an hour (we never have to wait so I always schedule them in between naps so he's ready to go down by the time we get home).  So he took a little cat nap.
Then he woke up to nurse, so we got into it about 30 seconds and the doctor walks in.... so of course, all distracted, he no longer wants to continue.  (It was fine, he was happy to see her - as he is happy to see anyone lol).

Once we got home he was super tired.  He finished nursing and passed out as I went to burp him - poor guy.
We had a pretty rough night last night - I mean he slept, but it took a long time for him to get comfortable. And because he didn't nurse as often, I was VERY uncomfortable :S  Luckily dad bought us a warm mist humidifier so we can both hopefully get a more peaceful sleep. (I really didn't sleep the whole night anyway because I was worried he wouldn't be able to breathe!!)
Ryan is on afternoons this week, so my plan is to get the kitchen organized.  I'll probably take before and after photos and post them on here to make me accountable lol.  It is not much work to do but I just don't want to do it.... it's just one of those things.  I was planning on doing it before Ethan was born....that never got done!  So that's my plan for tonight, or tomorrow night, and the night I don't do that, I want to scrapbook.... that's another project that will probably take forever to get done.  I want to do it I just don't have the time really..... all these projects - Oiy!

No comments:

Post a Comment