Wednesday 22 February 2012

Showing Interest

Ethan is showing interest in so many things lately.  He is interested in what I'm eating, what touches him (like a blanket), his teething toys, television, his surroundings.  Today I put him on his play mat and he was having a blast with all the dangling stuffed toys.  He is starting to grab at things and put them directly into his mouth.  He's been doing this for about a week or so, but I really notice it today.


Something else happened today too - Ethan really laughed today.  He laughed for me in the morning and for Ryan when he came home from work.  It's this deep sort of chuckle he has right now but it's so cute!  I want to get it on video but I'm so enthralled while he is doing it, I don't want to miss it!

He has been sleeping SOOO much these last few days.  I'm not complaining by any means, but I am hoping it's just a growth spurt.  He goes to bed at 8pm because he just can't physically stay up anymore.  He usually falls asleep while eating.  He sleeps until 7am (with one feeding somewhere in that time span).  Then he is up until about 8:15am, and down again until 11:30am.  Up until about 1pm and down again until 4pm.  Then somewhere between 4 and 8pm he has a cat nap.  So when I say a lot, I mean a lot!  I'm getting a lot of stuff done in my spare room.  I'm in the process of cleaning and organizing it.  That room was pretty much our chucking room with all the renovations we did.  Now that they are all done and Ryan is finishing the storage units, I'm able to unload stuff from there and store it.



We started to officially use the Grovia cloth diapers yesterday.  His bum is still a bit small for them, but much better than our last few attempts at using them.  I think I am going to do a post on how I wash/dry/use them to let people see and know that they are not so bad, plus the benefits of using cloth diapers! I am adamant on posting about this because I could have bought a share in the company since we spent so much money on them!  But really, they are much healthier for babies and the environment.  I'll probably be posting this in the next couple of days.  I need time to write out what I do and take photos to coincide with the descriptions :)



No comments:

Post a Comment