Wednesday 29 February 2012

I'm getting lazy.....

With blog updates.  Seems as though things are falling into place and life is getting easy (er).  We have a good routine, he takes two 2.5 hour naps during the day.  The hour that he is up before and after we do lots of brain stimulating things - like reading, playing with toys, baby sign language dvd's and practice sitting in the Bumbo chair.

Putting Ethan to bed has been a bit of a challenge these last couple nights.  He just doesn't want to fall asleep!  It's still a lot better than when we first started to put him down awake though.  It's kinda funny because when I leave the room he doesn't cry, he YELLS!  And it's such a fake cry - is it possible at 12 weeks? Fake crying?

Tonight I went to a La Leche League meeting.  It's from 7-9pm and they meet every last Wednesday of the month.  It was interesting and informative to go.  It's nice having other mothers around to help with support and to hear other womens stories regarding breastfeeding.  We made it until 8:45! He was sooo good there.  (you can come and go as you please).  He flirted with all the girls! It took some time getting him down to bed as we were out of routine.  Hopefully that means he will sleep until the morning! (Wishful thinking...I know!)

Breastfeeding is going alright.  He loves nursing during the night (like 3am or 5am) and some points during the day.  I find that he will nurse if I get him from a nap right away when he is still groggy.  But if he is alert and wide eyed, then forget it.  If he gets to the point where he is crying because he is hungry then  forget that too.  (I try to avoid getting to that point at all costs, but sometimes it does happen).  I'm working on getting my pumping time down to 10 minutes.  I am currently at 15 minutes so that's not bad, and I still produce 7 ounces or more.  After I get down to 10 minutes, I am going to work on pumping every 5 hours.  Currently I am at every 4 hours.  I am also so close to eliminating my mid-night pumping (the 3:30am one).  I am down to 4 minutes.  I know...sounds tedious but it has to be done that way.  Starting tonight I'm going down to 3 minutes, then hopefully next week I can just hand express in a towel and then done!   The good news is, if I find a huge decrease in milk supply, it's very easy to bring it back up since I am already established.

I have no pictures today - I took some but I am too tired to upload.  I'll make up for it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment