Saturday 25 February 2012

Homemade Baby Wash

To go with my cloth diapers and cloth wipes, I decided to make my own homemade baby bum wash.  It's so simple and cost effective (costs a bit to buy everything but works out to being cheap in the end).


Tea Tree Oil & Lavender Baby Bum Wash

Tea Tree oil has great anti-fungal properties and lavender essential oil has calming effects for the skin.

3 cups warm water
1/8 Cup Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Baby Wash
4 Drops Tea Tree Oil
8 Drops Lavender Essential Oil

Mix all ingredients in a jar, give a shake and store.  Pour over wipes and you are good to go!

These are the products I used for the wash.  I think for the amount you use, this would last a good 2 weeks.  I don't soak my cloths, I just moisten them enough that I can get a good wipe without leaving his skin sopping wet.  (I wipe his bum dry anyway - yes, he is spoiled!)

It smells wonderful and fresh and clean - not like chemicals like commercial baby wipes do.

Happy Wiping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment