Wednesday 26 October 2011

Testing

I had a few tests done today, an ultrasound, non-stress test, and biophysical profile.

In the ultrasound, I had to lie down on my back (so uncomfortable at this point), and the tech checked all parts of the baby and did measurements.  She showed me all parts of the baby, and he is definitely in a snuggly position head down.  Here are a couple pictures of him.... can you see a resemblance to anybody in particular!!  Hint: not me!

















Sticking his tongue out :p


For the biophysical profile, the ultrasound technician studied is practice breathing to see how his lungs are working.

The non-stress test, I went up to the OB Triage area, and they strapped me to two monitors, and every time the baby kicked, I pressed a button.  They compared these to his heartbeat, and when he kicks, the heartbeat should go up.

So from the findings, Baby D is in the 78 percentile, which means he is 25% bigger than the average baby, which is a good thing.  Everything looks good on the ultrasound, and he is "practice breathing" just fine.  And when he kicked, his heartbeat went up.  It was a relief to hear these things.

SO as of now, everything is good, and it doesn't look like I'll have to be induced, however, I will be there every two weeks for these tests and they will continue to monitor his progress.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything stays the same!

1 comment:

  1. A true Ryan baby! Glad that everything is going well. OUr baby is 39th percentile and we saw it practice breathing too. It didn't stick out it's tongue though but it was sucking its mouth just like Simon does!

    ReplyDelete